Monday, September 3, 2012

Welcome


Hello and welcome to the start of the new school year!

This is a very exciting year as the new school opens it's doors to the students from grade 7 to 12. I am happy to be teaching in such a modern and well designed school. It was great o meet some of the parents at the orientation last week and I look forward to continuing to get to know my students and their families over the next few weeks.

There will be a newsletter coming home this week which will have a contract on the back that needs to be signed and returned. Each of my and Ms.Fenlong's students will be getting a timetable on the first day to show how their classes will be laid out. This being our first year at this school there will inevitably be changes and minor tweeks along the way as we work out how to best run the school. One thing to note is the changing gym time as we are sharing the facility with the high school and they run on a different schedule than us which leads to some interesting planning.

I will be doing my best to try and update this blog weekly so that you are aware of what we are doing in class as well as highlighting some of the student's personal achievements.

I look forward to a fun and educational year!
Mr. Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment